INTERMEDIARY PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER
Arc Legal Assistance is a leading provider of legal expenses insurance and other insurance ancillary products and services. Based in Colchester, Cardiff, Brierley Hill & London, we work with insurers, intermediaries, financial institutions and affinity groups, focusing upon delivering bespoke solutions providing ‘best in market’ service solutions.
The Intermediary Partnership Manager will have responsibility for building and developing long term relationships with Arc Legal’s clients, to drive mutual growth objectives through bespoke partnership development plans. The Intermediary Partnerships Manager will also be focused on continually strengthening existing relationships by identifying and developing opportunities for the creation of new business arrangements. The Intermediary Partnership Manager will also be encouraged to identify opportunities for the development of new customers and product lines which may arise outside of allocated relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Build strategic relationships with allocated client accounts, understanding their business strategy and establishing product solutions to meet their business needs.
- Maintaining regular contact with allocated client accounts at meetings, by telephone, videoconferencing and/or via other mediums as appropriate.
- Conducting regular review meetings with key client stakeholders, usually on a monthly/quarterly basis, as deemed appropriate by the business.
- Assisting our partners with their technical understanding of our market as well as our specific products and services, including informing our partners on the impact of any legal, regulatory or other market factors and how they may influence the continued performance and delivery of our products and services.
- Preparing and delivering product training to client’s sales team to help increase sales conversion and to client’s claims, underwriting and customer service team to help build knowledge and awareness of the services we provide.
- Producing formal minutes and agreed actions following client interactions. Including formulating an appropriate plan to ensure completion of all agreed actions.
- Interface with clients as well as internal departments on any actions arising from client review meetings, or ad hoc and on-going client requests, such as: –
- Change in cover or service requirements
- Amendments to policy documentation
- Contract drafting
- Price reviews
- Process change
- Changes in third party supplier arrangements or terms
- Creating and delivering bespoke business plans to achieve the demands and needs of our partners and underwriters, as well as achieve our own business P&L requirements.
- Recommending and discussing product/service improvements with clients.
- Proposing bespoke renewal terms for sign-off by our internal and external underwriting teams, with reference to existing performance, external market influences and pricing models, the demand and needs of our clients as well as other wider influencers as deemed appropriate.
- Preparing and submitting signed-off renewal proposals to clients through bespoke renewal documents and/or client presentations as considered appropriate.
- Acting as a central point of contract with our partners for a broad cross-set of queries and requests and responding to these to meet our partners’ deadlines.
- Liaising with clients to understand their growth plans and developing annual financial budgets with our Finance team.
- Assisting with the fulfilment of our conduct risk requirements.
- Liaising effectively with our partners and internal departments to deal with escalations (e.g. Finance or Claim operations queries).
- Identifying and growing our network of relationships at client businesses including at a day-to-day operations management level as well as at a senior/strategic management level.
- Liaising with panel solicitors nominated by our partners, with specific focus on agreeing commercial terms, operational processes and the basis on which Management Information will be supplied.
Partnership Development through New Business Opportunities
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities with existing clients and/or their partners.
- Creating a product proposition and pricing proposals for sign-off by internal and external underwriting teams.
- Preparing and submitting signed-off proposals to clients through bespoke proposal documents and/or client presentations as considered appropriate.
- Maintaining up to date records of all new business prospects and pipeline business.
- Where new business arrangements are secured, the Intermediary Partnership Manager will have responsibility for the implementation such new arrangements including:
- Negotiating commercial terms and requirements with Partners
- Liaising with all necessary internal departments to manage service delivery on schedule
- Developing back-office processes between with all parties
- Assisting with the fulfilment of conduct risk requirements
- Agreeing commercial framework agreements with clients.
- Managing and conducting post-live reviews, in collaboration with internal departments, of the fulfilment of all aspects of the new business arrangement.
- Conducting post-live review meetings with clients to ensure new arrangement are fulfilling client requirements and identifying any potential for future development.
Identifying new business opportunities:
- Proactively monitoring the market to identify new opportunities.
- Working with the new business team to determine the best way to exploit any new opportunities.
- Where it is agreed that the Intermediary Partnership Manager will take the lead on following up any new business opportunity, the Intermediary Partnership Manager will take responsibility for all duties as set out in the ‘Partnership Development through New Business Opportunities’ section.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be set by their line manager or directors.
- Ensuring all duties are carried out in accordance with company procedures and FCA regulations
- To carry out all work in accordance with agreed service standards and FCA regulations
- Comply with procedures, policies and regulations as relevant to remit.
- Complete the required number of hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as it pertains to your role and applicable qualifications and ensure this is logged in Workday.
- Fully participate in all applicable fitness and proprietary and Performance Review processes.
- Promptly advise your line manager/HR as to any matter that may be relevant and/or impact your ability to perform in your role.
- Other duties may be assigned in order to meet the on-going needs of the organisation
Key Performance Indicators
Arc Legal Assistance is one of the UK’s leading providers of legal expenses insurance. Our business model for legal expenses insurance involves outsourcing the legal conduct of claims to top quality law firms. An over-riding principle is maintaining high standards of honesty and ethics in all that we do. Other key elements of our business objectives include:
- Provision of market leading products and services
- Service excellence, technical expertise, rapid response and clear and straightforward communications
- Investment in systems and infrastructure to support all areas of the business
- Strong financial management and close control of costs
- Ensuring profitability for Arc and our commercial partners
- Treating customers fairly
The core responsibilities for the Commercial department is to develop and maintain close business relationships with the company’s key stakeholders and clients. The Commercial department is strongly focused on continually strengthening client relationships and identifying and exploiting opportunities for the creation of new business arrangements.
Qualifications, Experience and Competence
CII qualification (not essential but preferred).
Experience and Functional/Technical Competencies
- Intuitive to the needs and demands of clients.
- Sound Commercial knowledge and awareness with a strategic vision to develop and deliver long-term strategic plans.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- An ability to influence and communicate with confidence at senior levels.
- Good understanding of the Intermediary and Broker Market.
- ‘Art of the Possible’ and ‘Outside the box thinking’ which leads to an innovative and collaborative culture.
- Collaborate with others to achieve goals and make decisions to enhance business effectiveness.
- Analyse and resolve problems quickly.
- Good analytical skills, confident and able to work with data.
- Attentive to detail and organized.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to manage several jobs at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organisational and time keeping skills
- Confidence to own tasks without supervision
- Experience of using all Microsoft Office programs
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at A-C grades including English and Maths
- Experience of B2B relationship management (within insurance industry)
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Good investigative and research skills
- Knowledge of Legal Expenses and/or ancillary products
- Degree Educated
- Minimum of grade B in English GCSE
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
Core Behavioural & Professional Competencies
Results Driven: Displays energy, determination and a sense of urgency to get the job done; understands the importance of meeting deadlines to achieve objectives; takes responsibility for organising own workload to ensure goals are met; identifies barriers or issues that might impact adversely on getting the job done and is proactive and innovative in resolving problems and finding solutions; strives for excellence.
Adaptable & Open to Change: Demonstrates a willingness to adapt and change according to circumstances; is able to comfortably handle ambiguity and changes in priorities; identifies the requirement to demonstrate flexibility for the wider benefit of the department and the business; supports change and the drive to continuously improve.
Relationship Management & & Customer Focus: Builds and maintains strong internal and external customer and other relationships as relevant to role; is able to effectively understand and support customer needs while balancing business needs; takes responsibility for meeting agreed service levels and other commitments.; strives to deliver excellence and innovates to deliver solutions; ensures that everything that they do complies with all Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles.
Risk Management: Is able to understand and identify common types of business risks for their functional or business area; actively supports the maintenance of an effective control environment; takes timely remedial action as may be required to prevent or minimise loss; proactively escalates risks to the appropriate party; supports continuous improvement in the management of risk.
Collaboration: Demonstrates respect and integrity in all collaboration with others; works with rather than competes with others in the business to achieve company goals; builds trust through open communication; adapts style and messaging appropriately; seeks out and listens to the opinions of others; supports team building and an inclusive culture that values diversity.
Continuing Professional Development: Proactively keeps up to date with regulatory and professional changes; maintains the required knowledge and skills to perform in post and undertakes all required / mandatory training; ensures that annual learning and development plans and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) obligations are achieved.